its probably my after-menses-come syndrome...silly me just googling this...(below) why do girls compare with their bf's ex's......seriously, i think its really dumb of me to be spending so much time doing this when i should be doing my projects! somehow I should be acting cool about his ex-es. but its never easy. coz girls are easily jealous. and seriously, i dun wan to see her anywhere around. It spoils my appetite. but on the other hand... i have to be gracious.. sometimes i really wonder how my good friend does this but maybe she is just in a different situation from me coz she does not see that girl at all.! anyway im just gonna use less facebook and more of my blog to minimise damage to my relationship.... now i kind of understand why u did all those terrible stuff to me.. coz maybe u love me a lot? or isit me that just getting affected by u... seems like this is the after-effect of my past. but ok. im determine not to talk about V anymore. no more talking about ur ex-es. just talking about u, me and our future. I really think my birthday gift really has a v gd meaning... the past present and future. But. now all i want is present and future...... NO MORE DWELLING IN the PAST.
I dunno why when it comes to the middle of the week, i'll just miss u a lot and maybe that's y i start to think too much and den want attention from u. and when u dun wan to reply me... i just get so upset. Sometimes i really wish that i din love u dat much and that would be good coz den our relationship can be v much smoother... just like we were in the start. but yah as i promised... im not gonna talk about the past anymore. just like u not minding my past... i'll do so as such...
No need to block anyone or stop going DBG ..... coz i promise.. this is the last time im gonna get paranoid about this.. and i AM GOING TO KEEP THIS PROMISE...
Loving a person is accepting his/her past.... and embracing the present + future....
From today i'm gonna start keeping fit.. no time to think of rubbish! =D
why do girls compare themselves to their boyfriend's ex-girlfriend?
I recently found my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend on facebook and have been looking at her profile a lot. I know it's creepy you don't have to tell me. The thing is I get sad that she looks like she is a lot of fun and knows how to have a really good time when me and the boyfriend don't do a lot of exciting things, we just hang out or watch movies at home. in all her pictures she's drinking at college and partying. I worry that i'm too boring for my man compared to her. Of course it doesn't help that she's GORGEOUS and I'm just "pretty".
Ladies, why do some of us get so curious about our man's exes?
Additional Details
P.S. I saw an email he wrote her last week where he sais he misses her and thinks about her a lot even though it's been a year since they broke up. That's how I found her on FB.
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Psychologically, I think its because girls are brought up to constantly compete with each other and compare themselves to each other... we're made to feel like if we aren't the absolute best, we might as well be worthless.
Especially if you really like a guy, most girls I know tend to be a little insecure about whether or not they were the best thing that ever happened to their guy. Unfortunately, its a natural feeling.
I'm kind of in the same situation right now...My boyfriend is 26 and I'm only 18, so since the beginning, I've been insecure about his motives for dating me. I recently found out his ex-girlfriend, that he had been seeing for over 2 years before meeting me, was a stripper, and is now a model. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to compare to that. LIke you said, I'm considered 'pretty', and she's stunningly beautiful. I went through a couple weeks of feeling pretty inadequate.
I finally talked to one of my guy friends about it and I think he put it best: " There's a reason she's his EX-girlfriend. Whether because she was psycho, or he found out she was a horrible person, or because she's unintelligent, or maybe because she's not as pretty in real life as she seems to be in pictures.... there's a reason they broke up, and if he wanted to still be with her, chances are, they would still be together. The fact that he's dating you and not her shows there's something WAY more attractive about you than her to him."
It sucks you had to read that message, but chances are, there's a good explanation for what he wrote. It might be hard, but I really think you're best option right now, is to ask him directly whether or not he still has feelings for his ex, and if so, why.
Source(s):
Personal experience
No comments:
Post a Comment