Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I love london

I AM BACK FROM LONDON!
London is such an ancient place with rich history. BTW, for those people who thought that I will miss my flight coz I am careless… Sorry to disappoint u. Hahhahahaha.

Ok… here is what I did for my trip:

DAY 1: Touched down at London’s Luton airport, took a train to black Friars and then, a bus to Victoria coach station to meet up with Auntie Suzanne and Steph.(they are very friendly and nice people.)(thank you so much for your help!) they took me to my hostel and Steph was so nice, she helped me carry my heavy bag pack- that is giving me shoulder aches now. =(
After that, we headed down to Lecester square (China town) New World restaurant for Dim Sum. Yummy.! I am missing authentic Chinese food soooooo much!
Then, we headed down to embankment tube and saw the night scenes of London. I saw BIG BEN, took the London Eye flight. It was SOooooooo beautiful. I love London.! Then, we walked around for awhile and headed home. Because Auntie Suzanne and Steph is headed down south of london the next day and needed rest.

DAY 2: Woke up at 7am, took a heavy BUFFET breakfast and waited patiently for Dee… that was one of the guide that brought me for the Old City Tour in London.
We reached tower hill and my tour guide was Oily. He is such a charismatic Guy.! With this funny hair-do(like Elvis). It was raining heavily that day and Oily brought us around, braving the wind and rain. (It was a fantastic tour) I met a Girl from LA ; Terra. She is so nice. She waited for me as I was always the last person walking in the tour. (I was busy taking pictures!) hee- Then, I headed to Lecester square; Wong Kei Restaurant for a bowl of Soya chicken noodles. The noodles was not so soft as I hoped it would be.. but… I love the soup base and Chinese vegetable.
Then, I went to convent garden market. It is like our Bugis street where you can find very interesting graffiti clothes, bags etc…lots of buskers and food too.
Then, I Headed down to Oxford circles for shopping! It’s a long street of shopping brightly-lit like our Orchard Road. Went around Soho to find…. The Gays? But maybe I was too early. 6pm so… I did not see any around. I was dead beat, so headed back to my hostel straight. Met a brazalian lady (Marcia), and I spent my 3rd day in London with her.

DAY 3: Woke up later because I was really very tired from all the walking. Had my breakfast at the hostel again , with Marcia. We went for the Royal walking tour together and then, had our lunch at Wong Kei again because I had craving for Char siew duck Rice. Lolx! Marcia Ate Beancurd vege rice. She is such a small eater. Anyway, we then headed down to Madam Tussauds(the wax museum) at bakers Street and Had a GREAT time there. The execution path we walked was really scary and the London ride is the best ride I have ever sat in my life.! (Rating: 10/10.)
Was tired and headed to the science museum and natural history museum which is just opposite my hostel to see the night scenes. So.. that’s the end of my 3rd day.

DAY 4: Woke up late again, took breakfast and headed down to Tottenham Court road for HILLSONGS LONDON. The praise and worship is good! Wheet-weeet!!
The people are so friendly.
Headed to Kensington Garden and Palace for some Sunshine. Did not go in though.. becase I had to catch my 6.20pm flight.
That is the end of my trip! 4 days in London is NOT ENOUGH…. So…. Yes… I must make a trip down with mummy and daddy next month. =D

Learning points from my London trip:

-It is just so nice to travel in an English speaking country
- Communication barrier really affects your whole trip
-People in London are friendly and extremely helpful
-Travelling alone is super fun and exciting
-To be independent(time management)
-God is protecting me and have path right and nice people for my trip. Making it extremely enjoyable.
- Learn to open my eyes and find directions.!


-I can’t wait to go back to London Again!!!

pictures: http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh246/adorablebumm/London/?start=0

No comments: