Saturday, April 26, 2008

My day Trip to Marseille

Today, Christina and I went to Marseille together…. And it is her birthday today!
First, we did the Château d,If in which it was a separate island from Marseille. We took a 25 minutes boat ride to get there. It was a prison and it had a beautiful story behind it by Alexandre Dumas ”The Count of Monte Cristo” Christina told me the book was great so I got a copy of it. It is…. Really thick. I wonder if I can ever finish it .=X

Before we went to the island, we saw this fish market by the Vieux port. It was nice, they had many different species of fishes.

Anyway, After our visit to the island we were suppppperrrrrr hungry… so, we went on to eat at Hippo! Hahahhhaaa my favourite restaurant in France. So yah…. I ate my hippo beef again and my favourite French onion soup…. After the wonderful meal, we went walking by the old port and to theCathedrale de La Major (Old Cathedral - registered as a National Heritage building in 1840). This Cathedral was really different from the other Cathedrals. It had some golden coloured designs on the wall that made it so beautiful and distinct. I liked it. Then, we walked around and was a little bored. So, we decided to take a metro to the Palais LONGCHAMP the fountain was so beautiful and old. I loved it. Then, Christina and I got a little tired and decided to take a short nap at the garden in the Palais LONGCHAMP. And…. We headed for the movie Theatre! We watched an film in engish. “Jeux de Dupes” this show had a very ancient setting and it was about football but I liked it. It was so different. And it so nice to experience the theatre at least once.

After the movie, We walked around the town it was already 8pm, many shops were closed so, we headed for Mac for dinner… and then, that is how we ended our trip at Marseille.

Overall the trip was good , but Marseille was just another big city. I wished I had gone for the Frioul Islands instead of visiting the old city. I still think that Château d,If and Palais LONGCHAMP are the most interesting things I saw today! Loved it.

No comments: