I am Back at Antibes! Have been to Paris since Thursday morning and touched down yesterday morning. Though I have lots of test and mid terms coming on, I managed to study a little through my trip and my Macro test was still manageable. Next is French mid term tomorrow and Stats mid term on Wednesday. Don’t worry mum dad, I am mugging like mad. I wun fail u. Have studied most of it before I left for Paris!
Our first day at Paris was worrying because Winnie booked a room in a3 star hotel room for 2 and 4 of us girls are suppose to squeeze in it. But the receptionist did not kind of allowed it. So, it was the WORRY of THE DAY. Rae kept saying she had a bad feeling that we will not have a room to sleep for the next 2 nights and blah blah. She kept grabbing my laptop to search for hostels. But because the hostels were at the outskirts of Paris, it will definitely disrupt our itinerary. So, yah.. but of coz, Jiralda and I felt peace in our hearts right after we prayed and I kept taking my lappy back from Rae and told her to Relax.. we will be fine. Thank God ! and the receptionalist managed to conviced her manager and allowed the 4 of us to stay in the room. All of us squeezed into a king size bed and hahahhaa… horror starts.. u can imagine right. Flying kicks and hands flying.. lolx. Some fell to the floor coz it was too squeezy etc. hahahahaa
Paris- 3 degrees
DAY 1-, we placed our bags at our hotel and went for lunch. Winnie ate the salmon set at a restaurant and Rae ate a burger set .I was feeling unwell from the flight so, I did not eat my lunch. Then, we went on to Notre Dame Towers and the Cathedral. We climbed 482 steps up the tower and the view was scenic.We managed to see Eiffel Tower from there.Freezing cold up there.
The cathedral was nothing special, all cathedrals are the same I guess. Then, we went around walking..shopping. Dinner was nothing but sandwich with tarts and a boisson(drink).
DAY 2- We went to see the Eiffel Tower and the palace nearby. But it was raining heavily and we bet the view will not be good, so we did not take the lift up the Effiel tower. 11.50 Euros. Very Ex. Because it was a rainy day, all of us were freezing cold and did not have the mood to see any other attraction sites. So, we went for lunch at Hippopotamus. I ate a 2 course meal, $15.90 Euros. Starter- French Onion Soup, Main Course- Fine beef. You can eat all the garnishes and side dishes. I ate one big Potato and ordered lots of garnished. The scallot garnish seems to be the famous thing is Paris! Yummy. Then, we went on shopping till evening before we went into the Museum.(FOC) We saw lots of famous paintings. Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, Egyptian’s art and jewellerys like the crown of European kings etc…..going into that museum makes me wan to just stop studying and just be an artist. Hahahahaha. Imagine. Da Vinci took 5 years to draw Mona Lisa and yet he did not complete it before he died…. France is a place with rich history. Every building here seems to have a history. Even The Metro(the mrt) is 200 years old. Cool huh.! I love Paris!
I bought a roxy sling cum computer bag for only 9 Euros. It’s a steal man.lolx. hee-
DAY 3- We went to the World’s Largest Flea market. ok. There was nothing to buy. To me, its just old things there. But of coz, there were exceptionally old televisions and radios that we can see. Interesting. We were hungry and headed to Hippo again for our lunch. This time I was not really hungry so I shared my meal with Jiralda. The Hippo was another branch. Crowded but the food and service was not up to standard. There was hair in the food, onion soup was diluted, the service crew was slow, took wrong order of food. Oh man… bad bad bad. Thumbs down.
We went for our afternoon shopping, saw the Cleo Petra’s Needle and then to the Ark at night. 2 Feb 08 was a special night. At the ark, the soldiers at Paris commemorate the deaths of the people who died in the world war 1. There was a marching scene and giving of flowers to the tomb. We went to the top of the Ark and saw the night scene of Paris! NICE! Ok, that’s all I’m writing for now. Hungry. Lunch time! Will post my pictures up soon. After my row of test.
No Chinese new year for me =(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment